Friday, July 31, 2009

Saying Goodbye...








Last month we said goodbye to Hoyt and Lance, two of our great photo staff leaders. Hoyt has been my photo editor and mentor since I began at the G.R. Press over three years ago. His stories, oldies music, easy-going attitude and Hawaiian shirts will be missed. Lance was a shooter from the "good old days," I so fondly hear about, shooting award-winning stories for the paper. The buyout in June left a hole not only in our photo staff, but in the entire paper. The above images are from a lunch and a dinner party we had, photos by myself, Hollyn Johnson and Rex Larsen.

2 comments:

katie said...

oh... these are so great em. i wish i could've been there!!! ;(

Fred Barnes said...

Emily, These photos are great, thanks for posting. I'm sorry we couldn't make it to Michigan for the party.
thanks Fred